Sunday, October 26, 2008

Offerdal's Cafe my new 'job'


2 months in Sunrise requires a job. One, because Eze goes to school from 9-2 and coaches tennis from 3-8:30. Two, because I could use some income! Offerdahl's http://www.offerdahls.com/ My co workers ended up being great! Offerdah's is located in Weston, an area of FL where a lot of rich Hispanics live, predominately from Venezuela. Needless to say the customers that come in make bank and at times are hard to deal with, especially the rich mama's.


My co-workers...Lester, my boss, and the father of Bella, a one year old princess, cracks me up every morning! Lee, trained me in. He is crazy! He knows all the customers on a first name basis, is jam packed full of energy, and is always trying to practice his Spanish with the attractive Weston Mamis. Dully and Magda, sisters from Colombia, are the line cooks! They are the women who prepare people's food day after day with a smile. Dully basically became one of my best friends in FL, we have loads of fun at work, making fun of each other, cooking up weird snacks, and making fun of the rich and snobby women. Sebastian, Seabass, is a shift lead from Argentina, one nice guy! T.J. is the assistant manager, he is a dad, raper, and wanna be gangster, or so it seems. Anthony the baker who shows up at 4am, wowo, is the comedian of the group! He is actually thinking of doing stand up. Every day at work I am surrounded by great people, and appreciate them inviting me into their lives.

No comments: