Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Seting Sail with 'Blue'



Time to set sail!

About seven months ago, an old employer and friend of mine heard that I was going to be in South/Central America. She knew that I was gong to have an evenful, unconventional year and informed me that her significant other might be looking for a crew to help him sail the Carribean and Bahamas in late October. I was so excited to hear of such an opportunity.

While I was traveling South America this opportunity became a reality, and that is when I decided to skip Central America, in turn for the Bahamas and Carribean. I ended my South America trip in Colombia and then flew to FL to visit Ezequile, the BF, and await my departure on 'Blue'

I ended up spending two months in FL working at Offerdahl's Cafe, one month to gain some income, and the other awaiting the departure date.

Well that day has finally arrived! Tomorrow, the 5th is the big day. TAKE OFF!

Ezequile drove me up from Sunrise, FL, where he lives, about 2 hrs North to Stewart, FL where the boat is docked. We arrived, said goodbye, and I spent my first night sleeping on a sail boat. Not bad! I got a good first night of sleep.

No comments: